EcoCloud professor, Rachid Guerraoui, is one of the winners of EU’s Advanced ERC Grants in 2013. ERC Advanced Grants “allow exceptional established research leaders to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains.” Rachid will be pioneering technologies for robust cloud computing with this new project titled “Adversary-Oriented Computing” targeting a division of software into components that individually implement a specific “adversarial” strategy and can be designed, implemented, verified, tested and debugged independantly. ERC Advanced Grants are funded at a level of 2M Euros over five years. With Rachid, EcoCloud now boasts a total of five current and six in total faculty members who have received ERC Grants.
- Researchers at LTS4 Win Best Paper Award at ACM’s MMSys 2018 July 9, 2018
- David Atienza among Top Five Innovators in DAC’s under-40 Awards July 2, 2018
- EPFL Scholar Receives ISSS Excellence Award June 20, 2018
- EPFL Team Wins Distinguished Paper Award at IEEE Meet June 14, 2018
- Google’s PhD Fellowship for LAP’s Lana Josipović June 11, 2018