The combination of dwindling efficiencies in conventional digital platform technologies and higher demand have led to unsustainable electrical consumptions in data centers worldwide. We are investigating a three-pronged approach to holistic energy optimization in system stack layers and infrastructure to provide: strategic vertical integration, with transparency to energy utilization; specialization, to minimize energy for critical services; approximation, to trade off service fidelity and quality for less energy.
- Personalized and efficient streaming is now possible, say ESL researchers November 1, 2017
- Breaking The Code: A New Frontier October 25, 2017
- IC Researchers Scale New Frontiers in Computing October 18, 2017
- The Move Toward a Decentralized Internet October 11, 2017
- Trade-off Between Utility and Privacy: Is It Really Inevitable? October 4, 2017