The combination of dwindling efficiencies in conventional digital platform technologies and higher demand have led to unsustainable electrical consumptions in data centers worldwide. We are investigating a three-pronged approach to holistic energy optimization in system stack layers and infrastructure to provide: strategic vertical integration, with transparency to energy utilization; specialization, to minimize energy for critical services; approximation, to trade off service fidelity and quality for less energy.
- ACM SIGSPATIAL Best Paper Award for DIAS Researchers September 17, 2018
- DIAS Scientist Wins Chorafas Award September 10, 2018
- Anastasia Ailamaki Wins Nemitsas Prize September 3, 2018
- EPFL Authors Shine at DSN-2018 July 24, 2018
- Student-teacher Duo from EPFL Wins Best Demonstration Award at SIGMOD 2018 July 18, 2018