The combination of dwindling efficiencies in conventional digital platform technologies and higher demand have led to unsustainable electrical consumptions in data centers worldwide. We are investigating a three-pronged approach to holistic energy optimization in system stack layers and infrastructure to provide: strategic vertical integration, with transparency to energy utilization; specialization, to minimize energy for critical services; approximation, to trade off service fidelity and quality for less energy.
- Student-teacher Duo from EPFL Wins Best Demonstration Award at SIGMOND 2018 July 18, 2018
- Researchers at LTS4 Win Best Paper Award at ACM’s MMSys 2018 July 9, 2018
- David Atienza among Top Five Innovators in DAC’s under-40 Awards July 2, 2018
- EPFL Scholar Receives ISSS Excellence Award June 20, 2018
- EPFL Team Wins Distinguished Paper Award at IEEE Meet June 14, 2018