The combination of dwindling efficiencies in conventional digital platform technologies and higher demand have led to unsustainable electrical consumptions in data centers worldwide. We are investigating a three-pronged approach to holistic energy optimization in system stack layers and infrastructure to provide: strategic vertical integration, with transparency to energy utilization; specialization, to minimize energy for critical services; approximation, to trade off service fidelity and quality for less energy.
- Scientists Develop 10X Faster Machine Learning Algorithm January 8, 2018
- Dynamic Safe Interruptibility: A Breakthrough in AI December 21, 2017
- Ed Bugnion Talks about Cloud Computing on Swiss TV and Radio Station RTS December 18, 2017
- Anastasia Ailamaki Elevated to IEEE Fellow December 11, 2017
- Edouard Bugnion Named ACM Fellow December 4, 2017