EcoCloud professor, Anastasia Ailamaki, is a winner of EU’s Consolidator ERC Grant in 2013. The grants “support researchers in consolidating their own independent research team or program and strengthen independent and excellent new individual research teams that have been recently created.” With project ViDa, Anastasia will be pioneering Big Data technologies that defy data deluge by enabling efficient queries on raw heterogeneous data, obviating the need to pre-format or load the data into a database. Anastasia’s ERC Consolidator Grant will be fully funded at a level of 2M Euros over five years. With Anastasia, EcoCloud now boasts a total of six current and seven in total faculty members who have received ERC Grants.
- Personalized and efficient streaming is now possible, say ESL researchers November 1, 2017
- Breaking The Code: A New Frontier October 25, 2017
- IC Researchers Scale New Frontiers in Computing October 18, 2017
- The Move Toward a Decentralized Internet October 11, 2017
- Trade-off Between Utility and Privacy: Is It Really Inevitable? October 4, 2017