EcoCloud professor, Anastasia Ailamaki, is a winner of EU’s Consolidator ERC Grant in 2013. The grants “support researchers in consolidating their own independent research team or program and strengthen independent and excellent new individual research teams that have been recently created.” With project ViDa, Anastasia will be pioneering Big Data technologies that defy data deluge by enabling efficient queries on raw heterogeneous data, obviating the need to pre-format or load the data into a database. Anastasia’s ERC Consolidator Grant will be fully funded at a level of 2M Euros over five years. With Anastasia, EcoCloud now boasts a total of six current and seven in total faculty members who have received ERC Grants.
- James Larus Wins MICRO Test of Time Award November 8, 2018
- Machine Learning in the Face of Adversity October 22, 2018
- Martin Jaggi wins Google Focused Research Award September 24, 2018
- ACM SIGSPATIAL Best Paper Award for DIAS Researchers September 17, 2018
- DIAS Scientist Wins Chorafas Award September 10, 2018