Alexandra Olteanu, Anne-Marie Kermarrec and Karl Aberer received the 2014 best paper award from the Web Information System Engineering (WISE) for his paper on “Comparing the Predictive Capability of Social and Interest Affinity for Recommendations”. The paper highlights the importance of social affinity (how well connected are people on a social graph) as a predictor of user’s taste as compared to interest affinity (how similarity users rate or how items are rated).
- Martin Jaggi Co-chairs Applied Machine Learning Days April 25, 2017
- Swiss Radio and TV Station RTS 1 Hosts Martin Jaggi April 24, 2017
- 2017 EcoCloud Annual Event around the Corner April 24, 2017
- David Atienza Chairs a Successful DATE 2017 Conference April 19, 2017
- Martin Jaggi Wins 2016 Google Faculty Research Award April 11, 2017