Alexandra Olteanu, Anne-Marie Kermarrec and Karl Aberer received the 2014 best paper award from the Web Information System Engineering (WISE) for his paper on “Comparing the Predictive Capability of Social and Interest Affinity for Recommendations”. The paper highlights the importance of social affinity (how well connected are people on a social graph) as a predictor of user’s taste as compared to interest affinity (how similarity users rate or how items are rated).
- ACM Appoints David Atienza as “2017 Distinguished Member” November 20, 2017
- Personalized and efficient streaming is now possible, say ESL researchers November 1, 2017
- Breaking The Code: A New Frontier October 25, 2017
- IC Researchers Scale New Frontiers in Computing October 18, 2017
- The Move Toward a Decentralized Internet October 11, 2017