Baris Kasikci’s and his collaborators at Intel and Microsoft have made a splash in the world of software development! Software complexity is now a major concern not only due to the emergence of multicores a decade ago but also the slowdown in silicon efficiency pushing platforms and software to heterogeneity. Baris’ proposal, “failure sketching” is an automated debugging technique that provides developers with an explanation (i.e., a failure sketch) of the root cause of a failure that occurs in execution. These results, which appeared in the flagship conference USENIX in 2015, are getting integrated in software toolchains at Intel.
- Martin Jaggi Co-chairs Applied Machine Learning Days April 25, 2017
- Swiss Radio and TV Station RTS 1 Hosts Martin Jaggi April 24, 2017
- 2017 EcoCloud Annual Event around the Corner April 24, 2017
- David Atienza Chairs a Successful DATE 2017 Conference April 19, 2017
- Martin Jaggi Wins 2016 Google Faculty Research Award April 11, 2017