Ioannis Alagiannis’ research on “NoDB: Efficient Query Execution on Raw Data Files” featured as a CACM research highlight. CACM selects a few contributions among the best in computer science for publication as a research highlight. The paper presents a new paradigm, called data virtualization, which enables querying data in-situ with all the features of modern databases without the burden of loading the data into a database. You can find more information on the article here. Anastasia Ailamaki also featured in WORK magazine on presenting RAW Labs, an EPFL startup that designs software for big data applications “through efficient queries to never-before-seen data, we aim at maximizing efficiency of analytics applications and enabling new discoveries for sciences, businesses, and their users”. You can read the article that appears in French here.
- David Atienza wins IEEE TCCPS Mid-Career Award May 13, 2018
- Lefteris Kokoris-Kogias wins IBM PhD Fellowship Award for the Second Year Running May 7, 2018
- Edouard Bugnion to Play Key Role in EPFL-ICRC Alliance March 12, 2018
- Polisis: An AI Eye to Decipher Privacy Policies in Seconds February 26, 2018
- Building Efficient Causal Consistency Systems: A LABOS-LPD Joint Initiative Funded by EcoCloud February 8, 2018