EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- Scientists Develop 10X Faster Machine Learning Algorithm January 8, 2018
- Dynamic Safe Interruptibility: A Breakthrough in AI December 21, 2017
- Ed Bugnion Talks about Cloud Computing on Swiss TV and Radio Station RTS December 18, 2017
- Anastasia Ailamaki Elevated to IEEE Fellow December 11, 2017
- Edouard Bugnion Named ACM Fellow December 4, 2017