EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- Edouard Bugnion to Play Key Role in EPFL-ICRC Alliance March 12, 2018
- Polisis: An AI Eye to Decipher Privacy Policies in Seconds February 26, 2018
- Building Efficient Causal Consistency Systems: A LABOS-LPD Joint Initiative Funded by EcoCloud February 8, 2018
- Scientists Develop 10X Faster Machine Learning Algorithm January 8, 2018
- Dynamic Safe Interruptibility: A Breakthrough in AI December 21, 2017