EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- Personalized and efficient streaming is now possible, say ESL researchers November 1, 2017
- Breaking The Code: A New Frontier October 25, 2017
- IC Researchers Scale New Frontiers in Computing October 18, 2017
- The Move Toward a Decentralized Internet October 11, 2017
- Trade-off Between Utility and Privacy: Is It Really Inevitable? October 4, 2017