Website Huawei Technologies
Huawei is a leading provider of information and communications solutions. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established highly-competitive end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people’s lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei’s German Research Centre is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. Now we are looking for a
Database System Researcher (m/f)
We’re looking for researchers to innovate and develop the next generation of data management systems that will empower Huawei’s Cloud and Telecom businesses across the world.
Great ideas and previous experience can come from many areas, including distributed computing, large-scale database systems design, networking and data storage, big data, artificial intelligence and operating systems. A couple of examples of our recent projects should give an idea of the sort of experience we are looking for:
A cloud-native, distributed, in-memory database for Telecom, with an innovative data model and features such as transactions, high-availability, SQL queries, and cross-datacenter replication.
A high-performance OLTP database engine that utilizes new hardware, many-cores architectures, Fast Networking and Non-Volatile Memory.
– Work in an international team to do research in algorithms, data structures and protocols for distributed database systems
– Patent and publish new ideas in scientific conferences
– Prototype and evaluate the solutions in real use-case scenarios
– Active role in the research community as Huawei representative in Conference Program Committees, Standardization Groups, etc.
– Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with at least 2 years of postdoc experience
– Publications in Computer Science conferences and/or journals, in one or more of the following: databases, distributed systems, high-performance computing, database query engines, streaming. Top conferences (VLDB, SIGMOD, ICDE, WWW, CIKM) will be appreciated
– Publication in the following areas will be also appreciated: machine learning, networking, storage, streaming
– C/C++ programming skills in multithreaded environment.
– Good communication and presentation skills in English
– Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position
If you are enthusiastic to shape the German Research Center in Munich together with us, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is one of our missions. Join us!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org