Website Huawei Technologies
Huawei is a leading provider of information and communications solutions. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established highly-competitive end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people’s lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei German Research Center in Munich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. The privacy team of Cyber Security and Privacy Lab is developing cutting-edge technologies, which are designed for supporting privacy and data protection in the Cloud, IoT and cloud-based networks.
To support our research activities, we are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated
PhD Candidate for Cloud and Device Data Protection (m/f)
The PhD candidate will contribute to the research and development of cloud data protection technologies for cloud system, mobile or IoT and devices. The candidate has the opportunity to work on real world problems and improve data protection and accountability of Huawei future’s products and services.
– Develop new solutions for Data Protection and Accountability
– Research on innovative algorithms in the field of Distributed Ledger, Blockchain and Smart-Contract technologies
– Implement the proof of concept of technology innovations
– Publish research papers and technical reports at high ranked scientific conferences
– Improve security engineering process as well as security by design concept
– Completed master studies (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, or mathematics
– Demonstrated affinity with data protection and security development technologies
– Exposure and understanding of data protection technologies including policy-based access control (preferably Attribute Based Access Control – ABAC) and data encryption;
– Interest in – and preferably exposure and understanding of – Blockchain and Distributed Ledger technologies
– Passion for finding solutions for complex technological issues
– Excellent collaboration and communication skills
– Self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your project
– Good programming skill in Java, Python or similar programming platforms.
– Fluent in English
– Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com