EcoCloud professor, Rachid Guerraoui, is one of the winners of EU’s Advanced ERC Grants in 2013. ERC Advanced Grants “allow exceptional established research leaders to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains.” Rachid will be pioneering technologies for robust cloud computing with this new project titled “Adversary-Oriented Computing” targeting a division of software into components that individually implement a specific “adversarial” strategy and can be designed, implemented, verified, tested and debugged independantly. ERC Advanced Grants are funded at a level of 2M Euros over five years. With Rachid, EcoCloud now boasts a total of five current and six in total faculty members who have received ERC Grants.
- Atri Bhattacharyya Awarded IBM Ph.D. Fellowship March 31, 2020
- EPFL Researchers Win Best Paper Award at FPGA’20 March 16, 2020
- Facebook Fellowship for EPFL Students March 9, 2020
- Computer Science at EPFL: James Larus Charts the Future March 3, 2020
- EPFL Scientists Call for Ethical Framework to Govern Algorithms February 25, 2020