EcoCloud professor, Rachid Guerraoui, is one of the winners of EU’s Advanced ERC Grants in 2013. ERC Advanced Grants “allow exceptional established research leaders to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains.” Rachid will be pioneering technologies for robust cloud computing with this new project titled “Adversary-Oriented Computing” targeting a division of software into components that individually implement a specific “adversarial” strategy and can be designed, implemented, verified, tested and debugged independantly. ERC Advanced Grants are funded at a level of 2M Euros over five years. With Rachid, EcoCloud now boasts a total of five current and six in total faculty members who have received ERC Grants.
- New EPFL Research Brings Paradigm Shift in Cryptocurrency November 11, 2019
- Media Observatory: EPFL Initiative to Detect News Disinformation November 4, 2019
- Anastasia Ailamaki Wins Highest Honor in Database Management October 21, 2019
- EPFL in Global Consortium for Distributed Randomness October 9, 2019
- Scala Receives SIGPLAN Programming Languages Software Award 2019 September 30, 2019