EcoCloud professor, Rachid Guerraoui, is one of the winners of EU’s Advanced ERC Grants in 2013. ERC Advanced Grants “allow exceptional established research leaders to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains.” Rachid will be pioneering technologies for robust cloud computing with this new project titled “Adversary-Oriented Computing” targeting a division of software into components that individually implement a specific “adversarial” strategy and can be designed, implemented, verified, tested and debugged independantly. ERC Advanced Grants are funded at a level of 2M Euros over five years. With Rachid, EcoCloud now boasts a total of five current and six in total faculty members who have received ERC Grants.
- Shore-MT: Created by EPFL, Used by the World April 1, 2019
- Open Science Fund: Breaking Barriers for Open Research March 25, 2019
- New Research Leverages SMoTher, a Port-induced Side Channel March 18, 2019
- Carmela Troncoso Wins Google Honor March 11, 2019
- EPFL Quartet in Medium AI’s Influential List March 8, 2019