The combination of dwindling efficiencies in conventional digital platform technologies and higher demand have led to unsustainable electrical consumptions in data centers worldwide. We are investigating a three-pronged approach to holistic energy optimization in system stack layers and infrastructure to provide: strategic vertical integration, with transparency to energy utilization; specialization, to minimize energy for critical services; approximation, to trade off service fidelity and quality for less energy.
- Atri Bhattacharyya Awarded IBM Ph.D. Fellowship March 31, 2020
- EPFL Researchers Win Best Paper Award at FPGA’20 March 16, 2020
- Facebook Fellowship for EPFL Students March 9, 2020
- Computer Science at EPFL: James Larus Charts the Future March 3, 2020
- EPFL Scientists Call for Ethical Framework to Govern Algorithms February 25, 2020