The combination of dwindling efficiencies in conventional digital platform technologies and higher demand have led to unsustainable electrical consumptions in data centers worldwide. We are investigating a three-pronged approach to holistic energy optimization in system stack layers and infrastructure to provide: strategic vertical integration, with transparency to energy utilization; specialization, to minimize energy for critical services; approximation, to trade off service fidelity and quality for less energy.
- New EPFL Research Brings Paradigm Shift in Cryptocurrency November 11, 2019
- Media Observatory: EPFL Initiative to Detect News Disinformation November 4, 2019
- Anastasia Ailamaki Wins Highest Honor in Database Management October 21, 2019
- EPFL in Global Consortium for Distributed Randomness October 9, 2019
- Scala Receives SIGPLAN Programming Languages Software Award 2019 September 30, 2019