Cloudsuite 3.0 was released at the 2016 HiPEAC Conference in Prague in January. The third version is a major enhancement over prior releases both in workloads and infrastructure. It includes benchmarks that represent massive data manipulation with tight latency constraints such as in-memory data analytics using Apache Spark, a new real-time video streaming benchmark following today’s most popular video-sharing website setups, and a new web serving benchmark mirroring today’s multi-tier web server software stacks with a caching layer. To facilitate deployment, the benchmarks are integrated into the Docker container system and Google’s PerfKit Benchmarker. PerfKit enables automated benchmarking and a performance comparison across a broad spectrum of cloud server systems. CloudSuite 3.0 will run on both real hardware and a QEMU based emulation platform. There is a tutorial scheduled for EuroSys in London for those interested. For further info on CloudSuite 3.0 please visit the website.
- Hédi Fendri Wins OMEGA Prize Student Award November 23, 2020
- Award Ceremony: ICCAD 2020 Ten Year Retrospective Most Influential Paper Award November 16, 2020
- Fighting Digital Disinformation: Is it a Case of “Too Little Too Late”? November 9, 2020
- Celebrating the Woman Researcher: Anastasia Ailamaki Receives VLDB Women in Database Research Award 2020 November 2, 2020
- Data Centers Need to Consider their Carbon Footprint October 22, 2020