Baris Kasikci’s and his collaborators at Intel and Microsoft have made a splash in the world of software development! Software complexity is now a major concern not only due to the emergence of multicores a decade ago but also the slowdown in silicon efficiency pushing platforms and software to heterogeneity. Baris’ proposal, “failure sketching” is an automated debugging technique that provides developers with an explanation (i.e., a failure sketch) of the root cause of a failure that occurs in execution. These results, which appeared in the flagship conference USENIX in 2015, are getting integrated in software toolchains at Intel.
- Survey Reveals Importance of the Messenger in COVID-19 Communication June 1, 2020
- Coming Soon: EPFL’s App-based Self-screener for COVID-19 May 25, 2020
- JEDI Empanels EPFL Scientists in Search for COVID-19 Cure May 18, 2020
- EPFL, ETH Zurich Lead Contact Tracing Technology to Tackle COVID-19 May 11, 2020
- EPFL Software Helps Cryptographic Innovation for Swiss Hospitals May 5, 2020