Baris Kasikci’s and his collaborators at Intel and Microsoft have made a splash in the world of software development! Software complexity is now a major concern not only due to the emergence of multicores a decade ago but also the slowdown in silicon efficiency pushing platforms and software to heterogeneity. Baris’ proposal, “failure sketching” is an automated debugging technique that provides developers with an explanation (i.e., a failure sketch) of the root cause of a failure that occurs in execution. These results, which appeared in the flagship conference USENIX in 2015, are getting integrated in software toolchains at Intel.
- EcoCloud organizes Cloud Sustainability Days 2021 June 28, 2021
- A paradigm shift in virtual memory use: Midgard June 24, 2021
- Google Scholarship for EcoCloud researcher Simla Burcu Harma June 16, 2021
- ColTraIn Releases Open-source HBFP Training Emulator April 26, 2021
- New Transistor Design Reduces Energy Dissipation in High-power Applications April 12, 2021