Baris Kasikci’s and his collaborators at Intel and Microsoft have made a splash in the world of software development! Software complexity is now a major concern not only due to the emergence of multicores a decade ago but also the slowdown in silicon efficiency pushing platforms and software to heterogeneity. Baris’ proposal, “failure sketching” is an automated debugging technique that provides developers with an explanation (i.e., a failure sketch) of the root cause of a failure that occurs in execution. These results, which appeared in the flagship conference USENIX in 2015, are getting integrated in software toolchains at Intel.
- Microchannel Network Inspired by the Human Circularity System September 21, 2020
- Facebook-EPFL Joint ML Research Engagement September 10, 2020
- Datashare Network: A Decentralized Search Engine for Journalists August 10, 2020
- EPFL Authors Win ISVLSI 2020 Best Paper Award August 4, 2020
- Dina G. Mahmoud Awarded CYD Doctoral Fellowship July 20, 2020