Baris Kasikci’s and his collaborators at Intel and Microsoft have made a splash in the world of software development! Software complexity is now a major concern not only due to the emergence of multicores a decade ago but also the slowdown in silicon efficiency pushing platforms and software to heterogeneity. Baris’ proposal, “failure sketching” is an automated debugging technique that provides developers with an explanation (i.e., a failure sketch) of the root cause of a failure that occurs in execution. These results, which appeared in the flagship conference USENIX in 2015, are getting integrated in software toolchains at Intel.
- AI Helps Predict ‘Cytokine Storms’ in COVID-19 Patients January 11, 2021
- Pascal Frossard Named as Full Professor (STI) January 4, 2021
- New “Sight and Sound” Algorithms to Identify COVID-19 Patterns December 14, 2020
- EPFL Scientists Spearhead Deep Learning Efforts to Clear Space Debris December 7, 2020
- Anne-Marie Kermarrec Joins EcoCloud December 1, 2020