Ioannis Alagiannis’ research on “NoDB: Efficient Query Execution on Raw Data Files” featured as a CACM research highlight. CACM selects a few contributions among the best in computer science for publication as a research highlight. The paper presents a new paradigm, called data virtualization, which enables querying data in-situ with all the features of modern databases without the burden of loading the data into a database. You can find more information on the article here. Anastasia Ailamaki also featured in WORK magazine on presenting RAW Labs, an EPFL startup that designs software for big data applications “through efficient queries to never-before-seen data, we aim at maximizing efficiency of analytics applications and enabling new discoveries for sciences, businesses, and their users”. You can read the article that appears in French here.
- Survey Reveals Importance of the Messenger in COVID-19 Communication June 1, 2020
- Coming Soon: EPFL’s App-based Self-screener for COVID-19 May 25, 2020
- JEDI Empanels EPFL Scientists in Search for COVID-19 Cure May 18, 2020
- EPFL, ETH Zurich Lead Contact Tracing Technology to Tackle COVID-19 May 11, 2020
- EPFL Software Helps Cryptographic Innovation for Swiss Hospitals May 5, 2020