Immanuel Trummer has been pioneering novel multi-objective query optimization paradigms with award winning results through incremental algorithms, randomized algorithms, and parallel processing. He is now turning his focus onto less conventional platforms, namely quantum computers, to truly put a dent into the topic. “Our recent access to a D-Wave 2X adiabatic quantum annealer with over 1000 qubits at NASA Ames Research Center enabled us to experimentally evaluate the potential of quantum computing for solving optimization problems that arise in large-scale data analysis” he says. Quantum computers harness the laws of quantum physics for computation exploring multiple computational paths at the same time and solving search problems that are otherwise impractical in scale on conventional platforms. Immanuel’s preliminary results indicate speedups of up to four orders of magnitude compared to traditional approaches for multiple query optimizations.
- Qualcomm Fellowship for Sid Gupta September 21, 2021
- Registration for the Cloud Sustainability Days 2021 August 26, 2021
- Sustainability Days 2021 Program August 3, 2021
- EcoCloud organizes Cloud Sustainability Days 2021 June 28, 2021
- A paradigm shift in virtual memory use: Midgard June 24, 2021