EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- New Research Presents First Online FL System February 22, 2021
- Parental Control or Parent Trap? February 15, 2021
- Photonic Chips: Breakthrough in Data Processing February 8, 2021
- EPFL Scientists Point to Perils of Unregulated AI February 1, 2021
- Rafael Pinot Receives EcoCloud Postdoctoral Research Award January 26, 2021