EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- EPFL Scientists Generate Laser-based Microwaves Using Built-in Photonic Chips June 29, 2020
- Google-Apple–based “SwissCovid” App in Pilot Test June 22, 2020
- New Fuzzing Tool Detects Vulnerabilities in USB Driver Stacks June 15, 2020
- EPFL Field-tests Contact Tracing App June 9, 2020
- Survey Reveals Importance of the Messenger in COVID-19 Communication June 1, 2020