EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- Facebook-EPFL Joint ML Research Engagement September 10, 2020
- Datashare Network: A Decentralized Search Engine for Journalists August 10, 2020
- EPFL Authors Win ISVLSI 2020 Best Paper Award August 4, 2020
- Dina G. Mahmoud Awarded CYD Doctoral Fellowship July 20, 2020
- EPFL Scientists Generate Laser-based Microwaves Using Built-in Photonic Chips June 29, 2020