EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- EPFL at FPGA 2020 February 11, 2020
- James Larus appointed EPFL IRGC Academic Director February 3, 2020
- Alliance Announces the First Datacenter Efficiency Label January 24, 2020
- Tobias Kippenberg in “Who’s Who” List of Influential Researchers January 20, 2020
- Tobias Kippenberg Joins EcoCloud January 14, 2020