EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- Hédi Fendri Wins OMEGA Prize Student Award November 23, 2020
- Award Ceremony: ICCAD 2020 Ten Year Retrospective Most Influential Paper Award November 16, 2020
- Fighting Digital Disinformation: Is it a Case of “Too Little Too Late”? November 9, 2020
- Celebrating the Woman Researcher: Anastasia Ailamaki Receives VLDB Women in Database Research Award 2020 November 2, 2020
- Data Centers Need to Consider their Carbon Footprint October 22, 2020