EPFL is the lucky recipient of one of twenty Intel-Altera Heterogeneous Architecture Research Platform (HARP). The HARP system contains an “Intel microprocessor and an Altera Stratix® V FPGA module that incorporates Intel® QuickAssist Technology”. Our group has also acquired an FPGA-enhanced Hybrid Memory Cube platform from Micron. The HMC system is Linux based and comes with two Xilinx AC-510 modules each with a 4GB HMC. These platforms will be used by EcoCloud researchers to develop accelerators for server platforms and serve as a hardware prototyping substrate for research on architectural mechanisms for in-memory rack-scale computing.
- EcoCloud organizes Cloud Sustainability Days 2021 June 28, 2021
- A paradigm shift in virtual memory use: Midgard June 24, 2021
- Google Scholarship for EcoCloud researcher Simla Burcu Harma June 16, 2021
- ColTraIn Releases Open-source HBFP Training Emulator April 26, 2021
- New Transistor Design Reduces Energy Dissipation in High-power Applications April 12, 2021