Four EcoCloud projects received funding from Microsoft as part of the Joint Research Center between EPFL, ETH, and Microsoft. The projects include “Near-Memory System Services” by Babak Falsafi, “Co-located Deep Learning Training and Inference” by Babak Falsafi and Martin Jaggi, “Revisiting Transactional Computing on Modern Hardware” by Rachid Guerraoui, and “Toward Resource-Efficient Data Centers” by Florin Dinu. Pascal Fua and Michael Kapralov from IC also received funding for their projects. This round of the Joint Research Center also funded 4 projects from ETH.
- EcoCloud organizes Cloud Sustainability Days 2021 June 28, 2021
- A paradigm shift in virtual memory use: Midgard June 24, 2021
- Google Scholarship for EcoCloud researcher Simla Burcu Harma June 16, 2021
- ColTraIn Releases Open-source HBFP Training Emulator April 26, 2021
- New Transistor Design Reduces Energy Dissipation in High-power Applications April 12, 2021